For the Official University Travel Policy please click here.
As a reminder this information is only for travelers using the Business Operations travel estimation form, travelers will receive an email communication from Business Operations within seven days prior to their scheduled trip. The communication will include the following key Q&A information to assist with their business travel:
- How to submit receipts while traveling?– Complete the travel/expense receipt form and submit from your phone or computer. Business Operations will apply the receipt to the appropriate trip. As long as it is readable, a photo of your receipt is acceptable. You may also forward a receipt by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject of Travel Receipt.
- When should I submit prepaid items?– Items such as conference registration and airfare are often prepaid. If you have not already done so, please send documentation supporting prepaid expenses through travel/expense receipt form or by email, email@example.com with the subject Travel Receipt, and we will add them to your expense report.
- University travel information – The Controller’s Office travel page provides access to booking tools and university policies. If traveling internationally, please also consult the Office of Study Abroad and International Travel.
- How do I report meals / per diems? – A per diem spreadsheet is available and will be sent with the communication.
- Key numbers when traveling– When traveling it is always good to have key numbers handy. The following are numbers recommended to have with you when traveling.
- Your supervisor’s phone number
- Controller’s Office (travel questions) – 502-852-8230
- Business Operations (receipt processing) – 502-852-7549
- International travel (as applicable) – 502-856-6602
Please sign in to leave a comment.