For the Official University Travel Policy please click here.
As a reminder this information is for travelers utilizing Business Operations travel estimation form. You will receive an email communication from Business Operations within seven days prior to their scheduled trip. The communication will include the following key Q&A information to assist with their business travel:
- How to submit receipts?– Complete the travel/expense receipt form and submit from your phone or computer. Business Operations will apply the receipt to the appropriate trip. As long as it is readable, a photo of your receipt is acceptable.
- How do I report meals / per diems? – A per diem spreadsheet is attached. Put an X for any meals that should be claimed and return completed spreadsheet to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Have you submitted all your receipts? – Business Operations will use the information provided in the travel estimation form and receipts provided to build the expense report. We will contact you directly if you estimated an item and supporting documentation is missing, in order to complete the expense report.
- We have all your receipts, what is the next step? Once Business Operations has the expected receipts, an email will be sent to you for you to submit the PeopleSoft expense report. Review the full report. If something needs to be updated, please contact Business Operations at email@example.com or 852-7549. As the traveler, you must submit the expense report to begin the final approval process.
- When will you get your reimbursement? The expense report will route to your supervisor and the departmental budget approver. After all have approved your expense report will process for payment.
- University travel information – The Controller’s Office travel page provides access to booking tools and university policies. If traveling internationally, please also consult the Office of Study Abroad and International Travel.
- Key travel number – The following are numbers to have your travel expense report questions answered.
- Your unit travel contact should be your first contact
- Controller’s Office (travel questions) – 502-852-8230
- Business Operations (receipt processing) – 502-852-7549
- International travel (as applicable) – 502-856-6602