** This is for supervisors approving time off salaried / monthly / P12 paygroup.**
Supervisors who receive a request to approve time off for their employees may do so through the Business Ops portal. The following is a link to the quick start guide for supervisors using the leave tool: Monthly Leave Request - Supervisors Quick Start Guide
The following are answer to some commonly asked questions:
1. How long do I have to approve the leave request?
- This tool is intended to both be a request and reporting tool. Ideally, a supervisor would approve the request before leave is taken, allowing the employee to know they have approval to be on leave. If however, you have given verbal approval and have not approved in the system, you may do so at any time. The leave will still report to payroll.
2. What if the employee does not end up taking the time off?
- If you have yet to approve, the employee cancel the leave request themselves. If you have already approved, the employee can send a cancel leave request to you as their supervisor to cancel.
3. What if I am a new supervisor and the employee already has approved time off?
- If you want the leave request to be updated to report to you, the employee should cancel the first leave request and do a new leave request to you as their current supervisor.