Business Operations processes travel for specific departments. If there is a question regarding whether Business Ops processes reconciliations for your department please contact Business Operations Travel Team.
Travel forms and communications:
- To begin or review an existing form click: form link and log in to the Business Operations portal.
Communications through the process
- When your expense report is ready to submit, you will receive a notice for you to submit your report.
- Each Wednesday, Business Operations will do a targeted reach out to travelers for missing expense report information outlining what is needed to complete their report.
- For expense reports in the approval process, each Wednesday a reminder will be sent to the traveler and to the individual/s needing to take the next action to advance the expense report for reimbursement.
- Reminders will be sent after an expense report exceeds 30 days from the return date of a trip and weekly there after until the expense report is approved. The goal is to have the expense report approved before the 60 day deadline which will require the expense report to process as taxable income reported through payroll.
- If your employees want to request pre-trip travel authorization they can begin using the Business Operations travel estimation tool. (log in to the Business Ops portal and select Finance and Travel Estimation Form). Business Operations will create a travel authorization in Peoplesoft. They will submit receipts directly to Business Operations as they are incurred if the pre-trip authorization is elected.
- Reminder that all international travel requires pre-trip authorization.
- In addition to the communications listed above, travelers will receive a “Before you Travel” communication that lists important reminders and contact information up to seven days prior to their travel and a “Welcome Back from your Trip” email on the Wednesdays after return.
If you have questions regarding the travel expense reporting process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.