Payroll, Business Operations, and HR Human Capital/PeopleSoft Human Resources (PSHR) technical team have been working on loading time from the biweekly time capture and the monthly leave request system into PSHR. The first pay period to load will be the 9/13-9/26/2019 (19BT) biweekly pay period.
Benefits of the Project
- Enhanced best practice use of Peoplesoft system through use of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) module
- More time for departmental timekeepers to review report as they will no longer be required to enter the time worked/leave taken.
- Time reported in the web-based timesheet and monthly leave reporting tool will be loaded to Peoplesoft paylines.
- For hourly employees, data in Peoplesoft paylines will reflect separately week 1 and week 2 of the biweekly cycle.
- For hourly employees, pay stubs will reflect separately week 1 and week 2 of the biweekly cycle.
- Local timekeepers will have view only access to Peoplesoft pay lines.
- Local timekeepers role to validate the time reported is a critical role.
- When an employee requests more leave than an available accrual balances, escalation rules will be applied as follows for hourly employees. Monthly employees will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis in accordance with FLSA regulations.
- If excessive Sick time (SCK) requested then charge Vacation time (VAC). If no Vacation time (VAC) then charge Personal time (CPA). If no Personal time (CPA) then charge Non-hours (NON). Non-hours are unpaid.
- If excessive Personal time (CPA) requested then charge Vacation time (VAC). If no Vacation time (VAC) then charge Non-hours (NON). Non-hours are unpaid.
- If excessive Vacation time (VAC) requested then charge Personal time (CPA). If no Personal time (CPA) then charge Non-hours (NON). Non-hours are unpaid.
- Week of 9/16 pay line securities will be updated to view only for timekeepers
- Thursday, 9/26 – Local timekeepers run web-based timesheet report to confirm employee have timesheets and timesheet appear to be appropriate.
- Friday, 9/27 – Timekeepers have until 10 a.m. to make timesheet corrections
- Friday, 9/27 – Data will load from web-based timesheet system to Peoplesoft HR paylines.
Attached is a FAQ. Information sessions will be held in September to make sure that LFO’s, UBM’s and timekeepers understand the new process and how it affects their roles.