This is Business Operations process for overriding in BA. This is a guideline only.
Overriding is only used for an expense that will only happen one time and it does not have an encumbrance already in BA.
The reconciliation wizard encumbrance section should always be checked for the speedtype just to make sure an encumbrance is not setup in BA already. If it is not, then the reconciler must determine if this is a one-time expense. If overriding is the best option make sure the description in BA is clear and understandable.
Conditions when it is NOT okay to override:
- Any JV involving payroll (511xxx or 512xxx account codes)
- Reconciler should create a Zendesk ticket and send it to the Fin-Payroll Funding Team
- Any JV originated by a department that Business Operations reconciles for
- Send a Zendesk ticket to the reconciliation team manager so that they can follow-up with the department who is not using BA JV forms
- An override can occur once the Zendesk ticket is included at the end of the JV description
- Any expense that has an encumbrance in BA
- Procard charges
- PO and payment requests (should be encumbered by Fin-Ordering Team)
- For all departments who Business Ops Ordering Team orders for create a Zendesk ticket to Fin-Ordering and let the Ordering Team know that the PO or payment request is not in BA
- If you are unclear ask the Reconciliation Team Manager for guidance
- Billings done by Business Ops Billing Team - if unsure submit a Zendesk ticket to Fin-Billing and ask