This is the process BusOps reconcilers use for overriding transactions in BA for speedtypes reconciled by Business Operations. This is a guideline only.
Overriding is used for one-time expenses that do not have an encumbrance already in BA. The reconciler should always check for a matching encumbrance on the reconciliation wizard before overriding. If there is no matching encumbrance, then the reconciler must determine if it is a one-time expense. If overriding is the best option, make sure the description in BA is clear and understandable. If you are unclear ask the Reconciliation Team Manager for guidance.
Payroll transactions (511XXX or 512xxx account codes) are encumbered in BA by the Fin-Payroll Funding Team. Payroll transactions (including JVs) that do not have an encumbrance should be reported to the Payroll Funding team via the Payroll Issues macro in Zendesk.
- Payroll JVs for Delphi Accruals are not encumbered in BA. These transactions will appear in the DIW with "Accruals" in the Description. It is ok to override these without sending a Zendesk ticket to the Payroll Funding team.
- Purchase Orders are manually encumbered in BA by the Fin-Ordering Team. To report missing PO encumbrances for departments supported by Business Ops Ordering create a Zendesk ticket and assign to Fin-Ordering.
- ProCard transactions and Payment Requests are encumbered with a feed to BA. Please report missing ProCard or Pmt Req encumbrances via Zendesk or email to the BA Super User.
- Journal Vouchers (JVs) originated by a department that Business Operations reconciles for should be encumbered in BA. The BusOps and Business Strategy teams should use the JV form in BA which also creates an encumbrance for the JV. Report missing JV encumbrances (see above for Payroll JVs) to the Fin-Recon team manager and add the ZD# to the end of the DIW description before overriding.
- JVs originated by service centers or departments that BusOps does not reconcile for are ok to override without reporting on a Zendesk ticket. Examples include but are not limited to:
1220000156 – Financial Administration
1240000156 – Office of Planning & Budget
4010000123 – HSC Financial Administration
4210000623 – Office of Medical Education
4212300123 – Comparative Med Research Unit
- Some departments that are reconciled by BusOps use a shadow system other than BA and will routinely create JVs without a BA encumbrance. It is ok to override JVs prepared by these specific departments without reporting on a Zendesk ticket:
2030006047 – Delphi Center
2110000318 – VPR Grants Management
- OSS Billings for Courier Journal, Criminal Background Checks, Flow Cytometry, and the PeopleSoft Billing Module should have encumbrances in BA. Transactions from the PeopleSoft Billing Module will have “BI OSS Billing” in the Description. Please report missing encumbrances for these billings via Zendesk ticket to Fin-Billing and add the ZD# to the end of the DIW description before overriding.
- OSS Billings for IT, Canon, and Stockroom are not currently encumbered in BA and are OK to override without reporting a Zendesk ticket.