This is the process BusOps reconcilers use for overriding transactions in BA for speedtypes reconciled by Business Operations. This is a guideline only.
Overriding is used for one-time expenses that do not have an encumbrance already in BA. The reconciler should always check for a matching encumbrance on the reconciliation wizard before overriding. If there is no matching encumbrance, then the reconciler must determine if it is a one-time expense. If overriding is the best option, make sure the description in BA is clear and understandable. If you are unclear ask the Reconciliation Team Manager for guidance.
Payroll Transactions (511XXX or 512xxx account codes) are encumbered in BA by the Fin-Payroll Funding Team. Payroll transactions (including JVs) that do not have an encumbrance should be reported to the Payroll Funding team via the FIN - Payroll Issues macro in Zendesk.
- Student Payroll (511500) for the BSS Area was not encumbered in BA for FY23. It is ok to override FY23 BSS Student payroll transactions in the DIW without sending a Zendesk ticket to the Payroll Funding team.
- Payroll JVs for Delphi Accruals are not encumbered in BA. These transactions will appear in the DIW with "Accruals" in the Description. It is ok to override these without sending a Zendesk ticket to the Payroll Funding team.
- Purchase Orders are manually encumbered in BA by the Fin-Ordering Team. To report missing PO encumbrances for departments supported by Business Ops Ordering create a Zendesk ticket and assign to Fin-Ordering.
- ProCard transactions and Payment Requests are encumbered with a feed to BA. Please report missing ProCard or Payment Request encumbrances to the BA Super User via Zendesk or email.
- Journal Vouchers (JVs) originated by a department that Business Operations reconciles for should be encumbered in BA. The BusOps and Business Strategy teams should use the JV form in BA which also creates an encumbrance for the JV. Report missing JV encumbrances (see above for Payroll JVs) to the Reconciliation Team Manager and add the ZD# to the end of the DIW description before overriding.
- JVs originated by service centers or departments that BusOps does not reconcile for are ok to override without reporting on a Zendesk ticket. Examples include but are not limited to:
1220000156 – Financial Administration
1240000156 – Office of Planning & Budget
4010000123 – HSC Financial Administration
4210000623 – Office of Medical Education
4212300123 – Comparative Med Research Unit
- Some departments that are reconciled by BusOps use a shadow system other than BA and will routinely create JVs without a BA encumbrance. It is ok to override JVs prepared by these specific departments without reporting on a Zendesk ticket:
2030006047 – Delphi Center
2110000318 – VPR Grants Management
- OSS Billing transactions from the PeopleSoft Billing Module will have “BI OSS Billing” in the DIW Description, and should have encumbrances in BA that start with “SC”. Use the Journal ID link on the BI Report to view the documentation in OnBase. The first page will list the “SC” Invoice Numbers that match the “SC” BA encumbrances. Split the “BI OSS Billing” DIW transaction to match the invoices, and paste the BA encumbrance reference into the DIW Reference column to post. All “SC” OSS Billing encumbrances should post and close. There should not be any open “SC” OSS Billing encumbrances open after the DIW transactions have been cleared. Please report any missing or remaining OSS Billing Encumbrances via the FIN – OSS Billing macro in Zendesk.
- Courier Journal, Criminal Background Check, and Flow Cytometry billings should have encumbrances in BA. Please report missing encumbrances via the FIN – OSS Billing macro in Zendesk and add the ZD# to the end of the DIW description before overriding.
- IT, Canon, and Stockroom are not currently encumbered in BA and are OK to override without reporting a Zendesk ticket.
Please sign in to leave a comment.